![]()
When I die, who will come to my funeral?
If I were to die tomorrow, Melinda would. Spring, Alena, Ed, Kris, Delia, Meena and Beau would. Would Timothy? Of his own accord, I don't think so, but I would make sure that he would attend somehow. And I would ask him to put something on my grave. Brianna wouldn't show up. I think Ann Michelle would if she could.
So 10 people. Lol, that's kind of pathetic. I've got to make more friends.
Well, if Brianna died, I would go to his funeral. And I would cry. If Timothy died, I would definitely go to his funeral, and I would lay a card with his calligraphy on his grave. (because I still have some of those) If Beau died I doubt anybody would tell me, but I would do everything to get to him, and I would sit in the back, because what right would I, among his many friends, have to sob my heart out?
Heck, I would cry at anyone's funeral, if I knew them well enough. But it'd be easier to cry for Timothy or Beau than say one of my teachers.
If Spring died I don't know what I would do. I know I love her more than she loves me, and I know she would shed some tears over me if I were gone, but she get over me eventually. I would never get over her death. I think I would just become an empty shell, incapable of laughter or a smile. I wouldn't be able to go to her funeral because it would kill me to see her beautiful body shoved into some box and buried forever. Or maybe I would climb in the coffin with her and refuse to get out.
Death is a mysterious thing. It makes even the most selfless person selfish, and transforms children into adults. I don't fear it, I only fear not enough time to say goodbye. Thoughts?



11 comments:
Very thought-provoking.
Death is hard to deal with, especially if you don't know the person as well as you should. For instance, I never got to know my grandmother. When she died, everyone around me was grieving, and I felt so ashamed that I didn't feel a thing.
You would come to my funeral though, right?
My friend and I were discussing death today. He was expressing that he is not afraid of death. His fear is what his death would do to his parents, and other loved ones. I think, with death we feel sorry for those we leave behind. I have never thought about my funeral, so this was an interesting post to read.
I so totally would go if I could! Maybe I'll beg Spring to kidnap me so we can attend... Ok, but still. It would be very much preferred if you didn't suddenly just, you know, up and die.
Death truly is a force of its own reckoning, often snatching away those we love (and, yes, even those we do not "love" as much) before we are even "ready". Personally, I don't think anyone is ever truly "ready" for a death to occur - it is much too sneaky and clever a thing to be duped in its plans. It is as inevitable as the light of shadows playing upon each face. It is. There is nothing else to be said.
Wow... That's sad =( I'm sure more people would go than that.
I agree with what you said lastly though. I don't think I'm afraid of dying either; I'm afraid of not saying goodbye, and the people I love not knowing how much I love them.
Mmmm I can trust her... I just think she's been through some stuff. Idk.
Yeah... He's pretty amazing really =)
Well, my family would go, but those people I mentioned would be the only ones who could choose to go or not.
I really hope Spring isn't freaked out by this... (if she reads it) lol, I'm just not sure if she knows what a great friend she is and how much she means to me.
sorry i haven't commented in a while.
:[ why the sudden thoughts of death? my family friend died last tuesday, which was what i was so upset about.
if i knew you personally i would go to your funeral.
I think about death an average of about once a week. Not like in a "oh, I'm gonna commit suicide" kind of way, but in a musing way. So these are not sudden.
My condolences about your family friend. :-(
NOT TRUE!! I would not just "shed a few tears" if you died!!! :'(
I like this.
Your blog is interesting :)
Post a Comment