
Odd... Ropi took himself off my list, then put himself back on, then took himself off again? That sucks.
Gah, if Beau doesn't contact me soon I'm going to scream.
Today is a day off of school, so Lila and I decided to go to our Dad's work, which is where I'm posting from right now. It's a very big place, with lots of locked doors and microscopes. Dad works on the 10th floor of the building, which means he is very important (because important people get the highest floors) and he showed us around. There is his office, his labratory, his microscope room, and his computer room, where I am right now typing on a very old keyboard. Dad showed me some slides that he's working with, depicting cross sections of rat brains. He's looking at little black dots and trying to figure out what they mean. Now, I think you can guess that I am not "anti-animal research" because I helped him look through the microscope and analyze the brains. Please don't kill me for that. I discovered that there is a line of dots in the lower left-hand section of the brain, indicating who knows what. But maybe that'll be the beginning of a whole new age of science!! (lol)
I also attended Dad's lecture, which was about scientific misconduct. Apparently it can take uptwo 3 years to investigate allegations of misconduct, and cost people horrendous amounts of money. Even if you are proven innocent, the time and money are irreplaceable, so people, BEWARE OF YOUR COLLEAGUES!! At this place there have been at least two recent cases of people being proven guilty of this, resulting in them being debarred and having their funds confiscated.
I feel obligated to mention the students. There were 5 that arrived on time, and 3 late. (yes, only 8 people in the class) These were the audience of Dad's lecture. There was someone from Syria, from Jordan, from India, Korea, and the rest American. It's really cool that there's such a variety of people here. It really teaches you to look beyond the skin.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Eyes on All Sides
Posted by Maria Sondule at 11:49 AM
Labels: family, Outrageous, science
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
mechanic Pencil?
Haha... Wow. That sounds very eventful!
Sounds like your dad has a very cool job!
Oh cool, I work at a lab too. Only instead of rats, I get to play around with bacteria :D.
Haha... well it's all a lot to explain!
Ninja sneak out. Haha, a few of us girls slept over my friends house, and she lives right near a guy friend of ours who was having a sleepover with a couple of guys on the same night, so in the middle of the night, we snuck out and went to his house! His dad was sitting in the living room, and we all had to hide behind things when the security light came on. It was amusing at the time...
Erm, yeah prom was amazing in some ways. In others, it could have been better. I'm sure you would be asked! But yeah, American proms are so much better than ours, and thats the only dance that we get! You get loads don't you? And ours, although there are the big dresses and stuff, they are a lot smaller generally (prom, not the dresses)
Yeah my first date. It was ncie actually, it helped that he was one of my best friends, and I wasn't entirely sure it was a date until I asked him a couple of months later! Lol.
*vm* is not something I am going to be explaining on here! Haha. It's nothing rude, but it's one of those private joke things.
Thank youuu =)
P.s. Sorry my comments are always so long! Lol.
LOL, it's really weird, I don't know any boys who would be happy to have a sleepover. (or call it taht, at least)
Eh, dating your friends usually results in tragedy, so I wouldn't condone it, but I'm glad things worked out alright. Although, if you can't tell that it's a date, why should it be a date??
Hmmm.... *fm* Hahahahaha!!! (private joke that hasn't become a joke yet) :D
Wow, your dad's job sounds pretty diverse and exciting! =D That's pretty cool how you took part in some of his observations/ lab work ^_^ I wish I could do that at my mom's job... as it is, they don't let "children" into the laboratory as a rule =( Oh well *sigh*
Stop deleting comments!! It's infuriating.
Ann Michelle: Uh sure, he's just got the BEST job in.... his room.... No, his job is cool.
Wait, what does your mom do?
Because you are not opened to others' point of views. So I am not going to be opened towards yours.
Post a Comment