CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Things You Can Do with a Red Rose

1. Smell it

2. Give it to your significant other
3. Make tea with the petals
4. Press it into a bookmark
5. Throw it into the water from a bridge and see how long it takes to get to the other side
6. Put a fake bug in it and give it to your mother (not that I would ever do that)
7. Put a real bug in it and give it to your mother (or your enemy)
8. Attach an anonymous love note and put it in a random locker
9. Stomp on it after your significant other gives it to you and says "love you." Because he really doesn't. At all.
10. Go around saying your (other) boyfriend Emil (he's Scandinavian, moved here a week ago) gave it to you and see how people react.
11. Stuff it in your ex's violin locker because you don't know what else to do with it. ;-)
12. And see if he ever figures out you gave it to him.

16 comments:

Zany said...

What a perfect way to begin Valentine's celebrations, eh? LOL at 6 & 7. So this Scandinavian guy, is he cute ;)? I personally, think roses are a bit over-rated, I would make the guy's life miserable and demand gerberas instead. (And people wonder why I'm still single) :D

Anonymous said...

I hate Valentine's day. I think it is a nonsense.

Maria Sondule said...

Zany: well of course he's cute! (after all, if he doesn't exist I can make him as attractive as I want)
Ropi: I don't really like Valentine's Day either.
This post isn't really about Valentine's day....

Anonymous said...

Oh, I thought it is somewhere around now.

Anonymous said...

Wow, so many things you can do with a rose. I never would have thought of all these. But why a red rose? Why not some more interesting color?

Emma C. said...

Awwww lol... Well that amused me and my friends! =)

Maria Sondule said...

Ropi: Yeah, it's Feb 14th.
Lavender: Timothy asked if I'd given him a red rose (I stuffed it in his violin locker if you remember me telling you) and it inspired me.... sort of... so I can't use a different color.
Emma: your friends?

Maria Sondule said...

Emma: Oh, were you talking about my comment? Sorry, I thought you were talking about this post and it made no sense. Lol.

changetheworld360 said...

Scandinavian guy? ;)
#4 is actually a really good idea, especially for those who hate the dead of winter and want a little reminder of spring. I personally like winter, but most people look at me like I'm insane when I say that.

Emma C. said...

Haha! Yeah... And do you not use the word wonky in America then? Lol!

Maria Sondule said...

Emma: yeah, we use wonky. But it's a funny word. I prolly wouldn't think to use it unless someone told me to. (and then I would be super excited about it)

Anonymous said...

Well so I wasn't that wrong.

Emma C. said...

Haha... I thought that about driving! But honestly, it's easier than it looks, and it's quite a lot of fun tbh!

Vizarya said...

3. I didn't know you could use rose petals in tea... that's pretty cool :D

5. I should try this sometime... I just need to find a bridge with water underneath that leads somewhere... *plotteths*

9. Okay, this made me laugh. I think it was the image of you stomping on the rose with people around either looking as if you were crazy or acting as if they didn't notice you stomping the rose at all. ^_^;

10. LOL - omg, when we get Valentine's Day roses circulated at school... I'm gonna buy one and send it to myself with a note saying it's from Emil XD

Random: The word verification box says "peeder" - and that reminded me of the Chronicles of Narnia movie (or, more accurately, the guy who plays as Peter in the movie... there is a Peter, right? I just might be confusing my movies and books - I'm rather forgetful today).

Maria Sondule said...

9. Well, if he'd cared enough to give me flowers I would've stomped on them. But he didn't so I didn't Instead I stomped on his ego. (that would be Brianna, not Timothy)
10. I would, except now people know, so it's pointless...
Random: Yep, there is a Peter. He has kind of an annoying character.

Vizarya said...

9. Stomping on egos sounds like a task :-/ They're so stubborn!

Random: okie dokie - I wasn't sure even though I saw the end of the movie last night (I was dozing and half-asleep throughout the entire part I managed to catch).