CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sudden Death

Today I was informed that one of my classmates died. I was shocked; he'd seemed fine last time I saw him. I looked over his obituary, but it didn't say how he died, only that it was sudden.

This reminds me how short and valuable life is. I need to milk it for all it's worth.
Also, this reiterates an important lesson: things are not always what they appear. I'd been annoyed at this person for not attending our project meetings. Now I just feel hollow.

4 comments:

JJ said...

Milking it for all it's worth is one approach. Declining to take any of ir seriously is another. Seeking for what lies beyond it yet another.

The last paragraph is a very common reaction to unexpected death. I'm sure you know you have nothing to reproach yourself for.

Ben Ditty said...

When's the last time you saw him?

Maria Sondule said...

A week and a half ago.

Ben Ditty said...

Oh, wow, I'm so sorry :(