CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Proposal

One of my friends is a classics major. He read a book called The Golden Ass, which has a word, "wineskinicidal" in it. He made a deal with himself that the first girl that says the word to him he would propose to. Of course, he did not tell anyone the word, so I searched through The Golden Ass to find it. When I had ascertained that I found the word, I decided to say it during an Improv concert to make him propose in front of everybody.

So I went up to the stage and shouted above pounding music "Is everyone feeling wineskinicidal tonight?"
People didn't know what I was talking about, but I pointed to my friend and he just started laughing. I went over to sit with him, humiliated, and he told me that his proposal required the quiet and for no other people to be around.
So, feeling slighted, I waited until improv was over and then made him propose to me. He walked up to a table and set his ring down on it, pushing it towards me.

Olaf: You. Me. Life.
Me: Done.

3 comments:

JJ said...

I believe I'm right in saying that that this constitutes a legally binding contract under English Common Law. So if the man declines to marry you, you could sue him for breach of contract.

Ben Ditty said...

I've read that book :D

Vizarya said...

... And you, madame, have so much more guts than I do. I would just about die if I had been at the Improv concert. Actually, I rather doubt I'd have had the courage to make it so public at all. =.= Kudos to Olaf for coming through on his word though - even if you DID make him propose to you.