CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Innocent Sleep

Hold my hand please.

Pull gently on my fingers.
I only want to sew a connection
softer than fleece, to bury my anxious thoughts in.

Hold me in your arms please.
Let me nestle in the crook of your elbow.
I only want to feel the touch of tender friendship
before worries wake me
with flashing lights.

Breathe slowly under me, please
let me smile as I feel you drift into starry pools of unimagined hopes.
I only want to appreciate the beauty of the quiet life of dreams.
I want to think you dream of me.

4 comments:

JJ said...

This one I like a lot. That's rare.

Ben Ditty said...

Enjoyed the line "I want to think you dream of me." Reminds me of a lot.

JJ said...

How about 'I want to think you dream FOR me?'

That's what I thought it said the first time I read it. That way, nobody will understand what the hell you're talking about and will wax elephants about your genius!

Did you want an editor?

Maria Sondule said...

Ben: Thanks!
Jeff: Wow, I actually like that a lot better. I probably won't change it though; too lazy. But in my mind it will be that.
And I always appreciate editorial comments, as long as they're constructive, and not needlessly bashing my work.