CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Croatia Part 4


After breakfast the next day we biked up to a Dresnik tower. It didn't seem too tall from the ground, but I still could've died from a fall. The view included tons of amazing trees, a great cloudscape, and a dried up river. I don't know how it can be a river if it's dried up, but whatever.

Our real biking destination were some caves at the bottom of a hill. On the way, we had a few flat tires, and Will's canteen kept flying off his handles. Inside the caves it was very cool, and our guide made us wear sweatshirts. We got to wear hardhats, which was pretty cool; it made me feel like a miner, or a gopher. At the end of the cave there was a tunnel we didn't go down that had a ladder leading into the blackness. If I were more energetic, I would write about how we went down in there and discovered some really cool artifact from the fifteenth century, but my head's not up for fantasy excursions today. (incidentally, I haven't written a far-fetched fairy-tale about my life in a reeeeeeeallly long time. Like years. That was one of the attractive features of starting a blog in the first place, and I haven't seemed to enjoy doing it that much. I guess seeing what people think of the real you is a much more worthwhile endeavor.)
When we returned to Korona Spring and I went swimming in the freezing water.
It was very clear and if we stood still long enough the fish would nibble on our legs. We invited one other group member to come in with us but she declined, saying, "I could hear your screams from the house." I guess we made the temperature pretty clear.

1 comments:

JJ said...

I wonder what I would have written if we'd had blogs when I was your age. You make young sound good. When do we get to see your face?