You may know that for a graduation present, my cousin's aunt took me and two cousins of mine on a two week trip to Croatia. (and yes, I do know that this is the best graduation present EVER. Believe me, I do not get things like this.) On this trip I learned a lot, and the days before and after the trip was over were as amazing as the trip itself, even though I was only at Spring's house.
The day before the trip I got to see Ninja, and he was as sweet as usual, which really made my day and gave me a great push-off point for a good mood on the trip. I needed it, because the plane rides were rough. We took a flight to Frankfurt with a 45 minute connection, and left half an hour late. I was feeling queazy the entire time, and I ended up using the barf bag a few times... didn't sleep on that one either.
So we landed with ten minutes to get to our next flight and ran through security. There was almost none, so we thought we could make it, and our gate was right around the corner. The two guys on the trip (Moe and Will, I'll call them) made it within the minute, and we were right behind them. The bus going out to the plane was right in front of us; it hadn't left yet. My heart leaped; we could make it!
But apparently they sold our seats because we weren't early. So Moe left in a huff and tried to book us another flight. We eventually arrived in Zagreb, but it was much later than we'd planned. We exchanged some of our dollars for kuna and left for our hotel.
Zagreb is a beautiful city. The streets are cobblestone and there aren't many cars. There were a lot of outdoor cafes, and they all had bars where groups of teens and adults would linger, drinking. A blue tram passed through ever so often.
Since Will and I are 18,we went bar hopping, which meant that we visited a couple outdoor bars and didn't buy anything. At one I bought one drink, which I didn't particularly like. At about one in the morning, we were finally tired out, so we went back to our hotel and slept.



1 comments:
So where's the rest? I'm interested.
Post a Comment