The third day of our trip we explored Plitvice National Park.
It was full of glamorous, shimmering lakes and willowy waterfalls that feathered down from high rocks. The lakes were this emerald green color or sapphire blue, and they were incredibly clear. Plants surrounded the lakes and were sort of like channelers for the waterfalls. Some looked like wet beards as the water gushed over them. Our path was a bunch of rickety boards. I kept thinking one would snap under me, so I had to remind myself that people who weigh more than 125 pounds cross the bridges all the time.
The fish crowded around us, and every time I threw some bread into the water they congregated and tried to eat it.
I did notice that the Croatian word for waterfall is "slap" although our guide said something about "voda" which means water. I think slap is a more fitting term.
In addition there were several caves there. Spring and I had to climb up narrow, slippery steps to get to the entrances and take pictures. I imagined how my mother would react if she were with us; probably not too well.
By the time we got to Korona, the place we were staying at, my little sister was waking up back home.



1 comments:
This is my favourite so far. I like the way you make temporal, verbal and idealogical connections. I know I've said that before, but there's something so fresh and appealing about it.
Post a Comment