CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Trivial Pursuit

One good thing about having a boyfriend is that you never have to worry about who to take to a dance, or even on an outing. Somehow I've managed to find dates to most school dances, but this time it presents a bigger challenge: I have to ask him, since it's morp instead of prom. This would be fine, except I don't have any really good single guy friends that go to my school. Snark's taken, and all the senior I knew graduated last year.

So I'm stuck. No excuses, I have to ask the guy I actually like. He's the concertmaster of the orchestra, and he's fun, polite, and cute. I'm just not great friends with him, and he has tons of other options. Plus, when I asked him to a dance two years ago he hooked me up with Ginger.
He said at lunch he'd go to morp if someone asked him, but it wasn't directed at me (or anyone in particular) and my palms started to sweat at the mere thought.
So: I'm 99% sure he'll say no. Should I still ask him? And how?

3 comments:

JJ said...

Prom? Morp? What an unusual bunch you Americans are.

I think there's only one answer to the question. You generate enough equanimity and/or emotional self-control not to give a damn whether he says yes or no. Then you walk up and ask him. If he says no and you can't find anybody else, you give the dance a miss and convince yourself it's a matter of little import. That's life.

WeiBeng said...

Hey ! PHCC is a church branching out from the main church I'm attending.

Your blog link is so familiar, like I've came across it somewhere. Do I know you by any chance ?

Oh you're a debater too ? Hahaha. Cool !

Vizarya said...

*grins impishly* That remaining 1% is starting to look REALLY tasty right about now, mademoiselle. Asking would be a great start to finding an answer. :) I'll be cheering you on!!

Lol, and I never thought about worrying who to go to dances with. I didn't have to think about it last year for Prom since I didn't think I was really going to enjoy Prom as a dance - I went more out of curiosity... and to take photos as part of the prom paparazzi, of course. I see your point though.

And meh! All the cute single guys at my school are either taken or not allowed to have girlfriends <_<