CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Trivial Pursuit Part 2

Today I decided that I would not, in fact ask David to morp.

I decided that I would let it pass by and ask him to prom instead perhaps.
BUT then today I walked into my argument class and my friend asked me who I was asking to morp. I said, "Probably no one."
Then my friend asked a girl named L, who replied, "I'm asking David."
And I gasped, because I'd been sure that at least SHE would not ask him. (I thought he would be asked by one of the girls he's good friends with. Maybe they were going to ask him too) So I said "No, you can't do that, I've been planning to ask him since the beginning of the school year." Which I had. I'd only lost nerve today and that was because I was too nervous to go through with it. But L being in the picture served as a motivator. And apparently, she wants to go with him because he's tall, whereas I want to go with him because he's fun, polite, and cute.
We argued all class period about it, and everyone listening to us (quite a few) agreed that I should get dibs, it being my last year and because my reason won over hers.
We were not going to agree, so at the end of the period we both raced down to meet him in his class. And we both asked him at the same time.
He said he was going to think about it over the weekend, but I know he'll decide not to go with me. I'm not as pretty as L, but David's going to think that's irrelevant (which is why I luv him!). He'll say that he wants to go with someone in his grade and that I have friends in my grade that I can ask. Plus his friend is friends with L. So I'll appreciate the nice rejection, but still be depressed about it.
Hey, at least I asked, right?

14 comments:

Vizarya said...

LOL - Holy Smokes that's hysterical! I mean, I knew the whole asking idea was dramatic, but... this was just... hahaha, wow! Go you! Of course your debating skills win ;)

Asking is really the first step. There's a 100% chance he won't go with you if don't ask... but you've asked, so there you are. And he's smart - he said he'd think about it! That's so considerate ^_^

Maria Sondule said...

Yeah, but he said no :(

Vizarya said...

Aww *hugs* Think of it this way, now he has a chance to ask YOU out sometime. :3

Maria Sondule said...

thanks. but the point is that he won't.

Maria Sondule said...

wow that sounded callous. It wasn't meant to be callous! *hugs*

Vizarya said...

There, there~ Fishies in the sea and all such nonsensical things of that sort.

I really like your music playlist and blog background. Random, but I finally decided to take the time and listen. The girl in your wallpaper thing makes me think of you looking at the sky. It's pretty relaxing and encouraging in a peaceful way.

Maria Sondule said...

why thank you! I like it for that very reason. And you know that I get a lot of music inspiration from your plethora of blog playlist songs XD

Vizarya said...

*laughs with a rueful smile* I haven't updated my playlist in AGES. I'll get around to that probably once all the crazy of this wrapping-up semester is up XD

*continues happily humming to your playlist* These bring good memories. Clearly, you have good taste in music ;D

Maria Sondule said...

yeah but there are so many songs you dont need to. I don't think Ive listened to all of them yet. and one more day and then its all over!!!! im so excited, cant wait to be done...

Zz... said...

awww i just read that he said no- sorry about that- young guys are just dumb it's all superficial at that age...in any case why are YOU asking? what is wrong with modern boys- in my time it was them that did ALL the asking!

p.s i read that you are a mechanical pencil...I have one EXACTLY as you describe...good taste, no? ;)

Vizarya said...

Lol, Sahara and I have an English teacher who went on this whole spiel about how it's "Okay for girls to do the asking in this day and age because current society is all about EQUALITY among the sexes." He was very adamant about this speech since Prom is on the radar and guys suddenly feel the pressure of asking a girl out (especially since we girls tend to travel in packs and are sensitive to being hooted and hollered at - although the public means of saying a girl looks good is usually a guy's method of attracting attention to the girl). :) It was a very amusing discussion.

Maria Sondule said...

Zz: I was asking because it's morp, like a sadie hawkins dance. Although I might end up asking someone to prom too, because the guys at my school seem to have no taste. :P
Ann Michelle: Haha my teachers have all said the opposite! Prom is on your radar already? Ours is in May, so a looooong way off...

Vizarya said...

Ours is in May, too! It's just that the topic fit too well for Prom drama, so it was addressed in great depth. :3

JJ said...

All I can say is that I'm glad we Brits don't have daft things like proms and morps. And from what I can gather, girls are more forward than boys over here these days. Why do you load yourselves with these pressures? Why not tear up the box, throw it down a hole and do whatever you want?

And I think the verification letters are the most apposite ever:

'diredish.'