CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Unveiling

I did not get forgiveness from Ropi or Spring, but I fasted on Yom Kippur anyway. It was easier that expected, especially because I hung out in the youth lounge with friends in between services. It was really fun, especially when we started making fun of Arnold Schwarzenegger and throwing pillows at each other.

Today, I am going to the Unveiling of my grandfather's tombstone. It should be a very unique service, because my dad will say the prayers. I still wonder if I should feel worse about my grandfather dying, but then again, if there's a heaven, he's in it. 
On Monday we get a day off of school, and I want to spend it with my friends. They will most likely be busy though. :-( 
I wonder if this friendship with Timothy will ever progress past the point of saying hi in the halls and having random conversations on IM. I would invite him over as part of the group, but I don't think I have the license to do that yet. 

6 comments:

changetheworld360 said...

Don't feel bad about not feeling worse about your grandfather's death. Sometimes, it depends on how emotional you are. Certain people react differently from others. For instance, I'm not very emotional (as you know), and I felt really bad about that when my grandmother died. Everyone else was crying and mourning, while the only grief I felt was not reacting the same way. Also, I didn't know her at all, so that contributed to my lack of emotions. That's probably what will happen when other people in my family die. Blerg. That's another aspect: how well you know the person.
About Timothy: it's totally your call. If you feel comfortable inviting him, then you could.

Anonymous said...

Let me correct your first sentence: You haven't got indulgence from me but as you could read I forgave you what you hadn't done. You know I don't attend your blog every day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the explanation however I prefer when people who I talk to use strictly standard British English without slang. I won't hate you if you don't but that's a plus.

Vizarya said...

Arnold Schwarzenegger - I must say, it's a lotta fun just spelling the name! XD

Hm. "The Unveiling" - there's a ceremony sort of thing for that? *clueless* That's pretty cool...

Maria Sondule said...

It was really informal. I'm not sure if it's exclusively Jewish, but it was really nice. We just got together, said some prayers, and looked at the gravestone.
It was under this beautiful plum tree.

Vizarya said...

Wow. Now I feel like you're putting plum trees into perspective. o_o