
I decided to make the dance its own post because so much happened there.
We arrived on time (thankfully) but Brianna and I had to wait a while before we got in, because they were letting singles in first. He kept me warm though.
The dance floor was very crowded, just as I expected. Brianna didn't want to dance right away, so we went outside to read, and his friend came up to us and urged us to "feel the music". It was around this point that we lost Delia and Melinda. I felt kinda bad about it, but Brianna and I were completely immersed in our sorry selves so we didn't look for them right away. We eventually went back onto the dance floor and I convinced Brianna to dance with me. Let me stress this point, I am a HORRIBLE dancer. Brianna said he was ok, but he's pretty bad too, so we kind of swayed and just moved randomly around. At first we were dancing in a group, but we got separated from them too.
Then, I spotted Timothy and his date dancing (and dancing well, though I'm sure Timothy had nothing to do with that, Lol) so I led Brianna outside to get away from them. In that moment, words cannot describe my emotions.
Of course, eventually I decided I would rather watch them than not see them at all, so we went back inside and danced again. This time it was a song I recognized from Ann Michelle's blog, and I was so ecstatic that I sang really loudly in Brianna's ear. We were slow-dancing, obviously, so his head was resting on my shoulder, and I was pressed up against him. This offered great opportunities to spot people I know, like Abby (who wore a suit, even though she's a girl) and Andy (he kind of waved awkwardly at me) and this Jewish girl Vi from the play. I kept looking back at Timothy and his date, trying to evaluate the status of their relationship. Guess this makes me a stalker, huh?
After a while Brianna and I got into the groove of things, and danced fairly well considering our skills. He kept slow-dancing even though there were a lot of fast songs and ran his fingers through my hair. Timothy spotted us and said hi, and I was triumphant and embarrassed at the same time. Seriously, I think I was blushing.
In the short version it says cheek for one of the things. This is because 1. I kissed Brianna on the cheek numerous times (violating my own rules, I know, but it's a dance) and 2. He kept rubbing his cheek against mine.
It didn't help that the room was already plenty hot from the dancers and I was blushing furiously.
The MMMM refers to the last song we danced to before it was time to leave. I'd given up watching Timothy by this time, and I do think he and his date are just friends. So Brianna and I danced while looking for Melinda and Delia. I was incredibly nervous...
but I accomplished the MMM anyway.

Then we had to leave. Blah. Brianna hugged me in the car on the way home, and we argued over who'd had the best time. (I refuse to believe it was him) MMMM again, and then he was gone. We dropped off Melinda at about 11:15.
I had a really really amazing time, even though Timothy was right next to us the entire time. Brianna deserves a round of applause for making me feel so good.



12 comments:
Last year I was slightly more than 6'5.
You would sulk in a corner at a dance?
I sounds like you had a realy great time!
Ah, you commented!!! I'm still calling you.
Yes, I would. Why?
Why would you sulk in a corner at a dance?
What if you were with someone you really liked? Would that make a difference?
Just so you know, don't think I didn't have fun. I actually enjoyed myself (kind of). So be reassured! :)
No because I am shy in general and I have never been so drunk to dance with a girl except waltz and Palotás.
However we are different so yeah.
Hahaha, they played one of the songs from my blog? That's hilarious. I'm glad to have helped contribute my part in making the night wonderful ^_~ Which song was it, btw?
Ahem, right. It seems like you had an intriguing time - sounds WAY more eventful than I ever imagined Homecoming could be o.O XD
And ha! Serves Timothy right... anywho, things are looking far better for you than for him - can't really complain much.
Gah! Now I want to know the song for the "MMM"-ing! D:
It was Fall For You (the song from your blog) I don't really remember the song for the MMMM-ing... My attention was kinda diverted somewhere else.
ROFL, gotcha. M'kays.
Post a Comment