CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cyber Sondule


Today in school there was a presentation about the internet. Mostly it was a bunch of stuff about how you should NEVER arrange to meet someone you don't already know, and how you shouldn't say you drink or smoke online. (and I do not do either of those things) 

But one thing struck me- the presenter said that people act differently online. I already knew this, but I'd never actually thought about it in regards to me and the people I know. 
I do act differently online than I do in person. I'm more open (but not about personal info), probably because it doesn't feel like I'm directly talking to anybody. For instance, I just sent an e-mail to Brianna saying something incredibly sappy, which was not bad but that I would never say in real life to his face. When I was with Timothy I sent some angry messages to him (which Spring thinks were valid). Just so you're not freaked out, I did not threaten him or anything of that sort. 
This makes me wonder about other people I know. I'm pretty sure that by reading people's blogs I can gain a good perspective of them, but what about IM, e-mail, etc...? 
I hope none of you are rapists, that would prove me way wrong and wound my pride. ;-)

8 comments:

Vizarya said...

LOL - what an ending! XD

Ahem, okie... I have realized that I act differently online, too. I am definitely more open. I guess I'm the kind of person who finds it easier to say things NOT to people's faces. (eh heh!)

Maria Sondule said...

That's a shame, because your rantings are very eloquent.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am a bit friendlier online than in person. Maybe that's the only difference.

Maria Sondule said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

Why did you say LOL, what do you mean (I know what it means)? And no, lies are not allowed. If you want compliments which you don't deserve then you ask the wrong person.

Vizarya said...

Ah, why thank you~ Although, I usually put more thought and time into my online ranting :-/

Maria Sondule said...

Ropi: I dunno, I just imagined you saying that with a certain expression on your face, and maybe shuffling your feet a bit. I can't explain, it was just funny. I apologize if I have insulted you.

Anonymous said...

No, no problem, I just can't see your point.