CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Simple Song

I wrote this yesterday on my guitar (which I'm learning to play, thanks to Snark). Unfortunately, I couldn't post the music, but it's got a really simple sweet tune to it. Constructive criticism appreciated!

It's a simple night
in a simple life
we're sitting side by side
watching summer stars cascade upon the sky
I wish
and I wished before
that I could steal this time away
and keep it by my side forever more.

Refrain:
This isn't real and yet
it feels so real to me
for the first time in forever
I feel like I can be
anything or anyone
and it'll all be gone
with the rising sun.

It's a simple song
with a simple tune
and yet I can't help feeling
that I wrote it just so I could sing to you
I hope
and I hoped before
that you will steal this time away
and freeze it in your mem'ry evermore.

Refrain

I wish we could take away this moment in time x4

Refrain

It's a simple night
in a simple life
we're sitting side by side
this picture-perfect moment petrified.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well to be honest it is a bit dull to me. I mean we can here similar in radio, so I have no reason to say that wow it was unique, but besides that it is OK.

Vizarya said...

I'd say to write out the music, scan, and post as an image, but... maybe I'm just overthinking something simple. I would play around with Noteflight, but that just the overachiever in me.

Congratulations on composing your own songs to play! I can't even figure out a tune >_< At least I have a couple weeks to figure something out?

Maria Sondule said...

Ropi: Thanks. Obviously this isn't radio-worthy, because it's the first song I've actually composed all the way through with lyrics and music. I think it's pretty great for my first one! :)
Ann Michelle: I'm going to try to write it in garage band or something and post it on youtube, but we'll see how it goes.

Vizarya said...

I haven't the time to learn GarageBand, but is it a good program?