CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dreams Would be Soft

If I could I would sculpt yesterday into a little statue, so that I could look at it whenever I want and be reminded that life can be peaceful, and that things are simpler than they seem. I would hold the tiny forever in my palm, and be able to feel its beating heart.

If yesterday were a painting, it would be the black silhouette of a tree painted in charcoal against a silky blue watercolor background. The tree would be a pine, and its leaves would be distinguishable, though they be needle-point sharp. The sky would loom over, far and reaching, outside the canvass.
If yesterday were a song, it would begin with a single note, a "c" perhaps, then roll into slow guitar chord strums. The rhythmic rocking would slowly fade into the night, until all that's left would be the gurgling of a nearby creek.
Dreams would be soft, like cotton balls.

7 comments:

neonina05 said...

Wow. You're such a great writer!

Anonymous said...

Well, I think our new prime minister (not officially yet though) would say the same about yesterday. :P

Kai said...

What a fun, insightful, fascinating person you are! You commented on my blog post yesterday & I'm so glad you did because it gave me an opportunity to discover your blog! I just read a LOT of your earlier posts & will read the rest when I am well again. (Currently the obnoxious coughing is interrupting my normal life. Grrrr!) Please, DO visit MY blog ANYTIME! Sonrisas y mas sonrisas para usted hoy.

Maria Sondule said...

Quintessajass: Thanks! :D
Ropi: Haha, wait until he starts having to deal with all the problems that come with having an office...
Kai: Thanks!! Wow, you know Spanish too! I need lots of practice... :/ I hope you get better!

Vizarya said...

Wait... what happened "yesterday"?

Maria Sondule said...

Well, my dad says I shouldn't post about my dates, but I'm sure you can infer. :)

Vizarya said...

Haha, I sure can!

Congratulations on such a splendid day! And many thanks for sharing its Cloud9 aspect with us :D