I broke up with Ginger today.
Turthfully, I don't even know why I dated him, because I didn't really like him that much. He gave me lots of good memories, which I will treasure forever, but in the end we just weren't good for each other. When I broke up with him, I said, "Ginger, I think we should break up," and he was like, "ok."
That happened when I broke up with Brianna too, and I thought it was a really stupid response, so I prodded, "That's all you're going to say?"
Ginger shrugged. "Yeah," he said nonchalantly, "I mean, I think it's best. We need to take some time off. But I still really want to be your friend."
Some time off??? We're taking ALL time off! I'm NOT getting back together with him. I just hope he knows that, because he seemed really serious when he said it, and he'd always said he wanted to be with me forever, so I'm not sure if he was just being that idiot polite kid who thinks they can make everything better by being nice. Same with wanting to be my friend. Ha. Oh well. I'll still be nice to him if he talks to me, I guess.
Anyway, as in all breakups, I felt really sad for the majority of the day. It kinda hurts to know that the person you trust most with your heart doesn't care about you, after all.



5 comments:
Not being anywhere in the area, I have no idea what happened, but I say anyone who can inspire you to write such inspiring poems is definitely a good friend to have. And (I hope I'm not prying too much) it sounded like you were the one who didn't care so much about him. He still sounded kind, caring, and interested.
He was kind, caring, and interested. And then he wasn't. I know I was the one who ended it, but if I had waited he would've done the same thing. It was long in coming. We had just completely fallen apart.
And btw, he didn't inspire any poems. I did that all on my own. :)
Thanks for your comment!
*SUPERMASSIVEROCKCRUSHINGLOVEBUSTINGHUGGLE*
Awww...
I'm sorry things didn't work out :(
and your poems are awesome!
Are you going to be friends or leave it?
*ANOTHERSUPERMASSIVEROCKCRUSHINGLOVEBUSTINGHUGGLE*
Oh my goodness, I'm sorry. I don't really know what to say :( I've never had troubles in that area. Or anything in that area, really. But from what I read, this sounds like an truely honest break-up. I'm sorry again.
For some reason this post leaves me more confused. I guess the whole relationship vs. caring trust doesn't make much sense to me.
The way you leave "trust" and "care" in present tense have me wondering more why they should be grouped in the same idea as your intro: "I don't even know why I dated him, because I didn't really like him that much."
I suppose I see the "like" going WITH the "trust". He must care to have put some semblance of thought into the final decision.
Then again, I don't think I'll defend him all that much. I'd have had a mini explosion if anyone just left me without trying to save whatever there was. He didn't even clarify if it was a break you wanted, or a complete separation on that relationship level. That bugs me. I think it's fair enough healthy to think we're worth fighting for, don't you?
Anyway, I'm proud that you seem the stronger even after all this.
Post a Comment