
My mother asked me if I had brushed my teeth, and I said "yes," even though I hadn't. A lazy lie, one offered without thought, just said because I didn't want to go and pick up my toothbrush.
Another time, I was hungry and I ate one of the oranges mom was saving for church. She noticed and asked, "did you eat this orange?" Her face was so stern that i was frightened of what she would do if I told to truth, so I lied and said I hadn't eaten the orange. A lie to save myself.
When my friend asked me who I'd voted for in Forensics, how could I say I hadn't voted for her? Truthfully, her opponent had done a better job and I thought he deserved to win. But there really was no excuse- you support your friends. Especially in frivolous exercises like these, where winning and losing don't matter.
But I know she would feel bad if I told her I hadn't voted in her favor, so I lied.
A lie for a friend?
Now tell me, which is the most acceptable?



6 comments:
You can read my blog if you want. American is the country of reedom and blah blah so use it up.
I'm sorry to say that I use the toothbrush lie way too much. :(
Eric! How are you? (if you happen to read this)
LOL I agree with Eric: I use the toothbrush one too much. Love your blog.
I really like this post.
The toothbrush one?
I like this post, too. The photo and title combined with the post itself are very complimentary among each other. You don't dramatize every "lie" but give enough to give the general gist - three, no less!
Post a Comment