I arrived at my date's apartment to pick him up, and he was waiting outside for me, waving. I was relieved because I was lost in the infinite series of apartment complexes. We entered his house, and his mom immediately thanked me profusely for inviting him. I wasn't sure what the meant- did she want him out of her hair, or did she think going to dances was a good way to build character...? I don't know. But I was in fact immensely grateful that he had agreed to go with me, so I said so and gave both of them a big smile. We took a few pictures, and Herr gave me the most beautiful corsage, which had glittery diamond things in it. I should've gotten some pcitures of us holding hands elegantly, because we're sort of just standing there.
Monday, February 21, 2011
Morp
After that, we drove to Snarkette's house, where I met Snark's gf for the first time. She is beautiful inside and out, and I told Snark he should hold onto her as long as he can.
We took a fe pics at Snarkette's, and then drove to Ichiban's. They cooked the food in front of us, which was really cool, although they did not flick it into our mouths. The calamari I got looked squiddy, but tasted delicious.
Then we drove to the dance, right on time. I was mortified when I saw my gym teacher taking attendence, but she didn't say anything to me. I handed over my ticket and we were in. For the first hour me and my date stood outside the dance floor talking to people. Then we went in and jumped around. I spotted Snark and Snarkette over in a corner completely enraptured by each other. I rolled my eyes and ignored them for a while. We did meet up several times throughout the dance, but mostly me and Herr just dance with each other. I think I was pretty nice to him, or I tried to be.
I hope he had a good time... he smiled a lot, but he didn't hug me goodnight or anything. In fact, it seemed like he stepped through the door as fast as he could. I don't think he was trying to be rude or anything, but I would like to know that he had a good time with me. Otherwise I'll spend the rest of the year feeling guilty about making him go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
OK, if you must have a comment about this morphing business.
Sounds to me like Herr's mother recognises a son who isn't a natural ladies' man when she sees one. Mothers of sons are very clued up about that sort of thing; it seems to be a major preoccupation with them. I fully expect that you need have worries about Herr's enjoyment of the evening. I have little doubt that he went to bed all a-dither and dreamt about you copiously - and probably even decently, poor lad.
I have to say, though, that I was touched by your approval of Snarkette.
Ayya, you're such a wonderful person to be thinking of others. It's cool you went to Ichiban's! Haha, the description of "squiddy" calamari was funny....
Did YOU have fun at Morp? Was it more like Prom in extravagance or like a Spring Fling sort of thing?
Post a Comment