CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 21, 2011

Intelligence quota

I got chosen to go to the scholar's banquet! This means I am in the top five percent of my class, one of top 30 kids, most of whom I am friends with. It's interesting how the "smart" kids all seem to form a big clique. And how most of us are not slaves toour schoolwork, as some seem to think, but involved in a large array of activites. It also appears that a large number of those chosen also take Latin as a language, although there were several in AP Spanish and French (none in German though...).

Each person who goes to the banquet gets to choose a teacher to come with them as a guest. Since I was #30 out of 30, I get last pick, which means I will probably not get my top choice. So instead of taking a teacher from school, I think I may take my viola teacher, who is not known to 28 out of the 30 students.
This is just like asking someone to morp, except there are less choices. I have to worry about someone saying they can't make it because they're already going with someone else, or because they're busy... things like that. And then I have to talk to them at the banquet. At least with morp they understand when I talk about Lady Gaga...
But this is a little less stressful than asking someone to morp, so I should be able to handle it.

1 comments:

Vizarya said...

Wait, you have AP German at your school?

Oh, oh, oh! DID you take your viola teacher? How was the scholar's banquet? Or... did it not happen yet <_< Argh! I'm so out of the loop. *hangs head sheepishly*