CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Spanish Translation: Humor...


The Healthy ones and the Sick ones
Luz: Mama, it’s over. I don’t want to go to the doctor.
Mamá: Listen, Girl, you’re going.
Luz: I only have a cold. I can get through it.
Mamá: I don’t want to argue. Maybe you have a cataract, maybe a lung disease, a paper disease, AIDS...
Luz: Mama! I don’t have AIDS!
Mamá: All the more reason to cure you. We are here. Sit on the couch please.
Luz: In case of a couch bomb, yes?
Mamá: Quiet.
(They enter into the Area of Hope)
M
amá: There are a lot of sick people here. I hope there is not an epidemic.
Luz: This is my friend, Grazia. A couch in the tropics.
Mamá: My God! What’s wrong with her?
Luz: She has chicken pox. And this is Lulu. She is either embarrassed or pregnant, I’m not sure which.
Mamá: So rapidly our children grow up.
(The doctor enters.)
Doctor: Luz! What’s up?!.
L
uz: Ciao, Mama.
Mamá: I am waiting for you, hey-ya.
Docotr: Good. What duel were you in, girl?
L
uz: Nothing.
Mamá: The big duel of the stomach. ¡I say, I am holding a cataract.
Doctor: She does not have a fever.
L
uz: Yes. I have allergies. I have medicine at home.
Mamá: She also suffers from insomnia. She doesn’t snore, but she plays music at all hours.
Luz: I can’t help it.
Mamá: I told you to take care of yourself.
Doctor: Settle down, Ma’am. Have you suffered a hurricane, girl?
M
amá: Last year the torch went out. Somebody farted. I was dismayed.
Doctor: Others?
M
amá: Yes. In her head she has a pain, or a problem, or an algae. It’s terrible. It is a sign of cancer.
Doctor: It’s tiny, Luz. Don’t worry about it.
M
amá: It’s a cockroach! I want you to kill it, Doctor. There must be a cure.
Doctor: There is no cure for adolescence. I can give her a shot of liniment for her spine.
M
amá:That is not enough!
Doctor: You are healthy, Luz. But your Mama is crazy going through estrus. What is her style of life?
M
amá: It’s rather good.
Luz: She pouts, she smokes, and doesn’t consult a doctor. She gets up at 5:30 and the next day she is very stormy.
Mamá: What?
Doctor: In my opinion you need therapy.
M
amá:No, it is not necessary.
Doctor: Thank you for coming. Goodbye.
L
uz: Goodbye.
Mamá: But you haven’t cured me, Hey-ya
Luz: Revenge, Mama. We will behave. We don’t want to choke, do we?

5 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

This is obviously not the actual translation. Someone I know translated my last post without using any dictionaries of any sort.

JJ said...

So where's the actual translation? It's rather good. Did you write the original?

Maria Sondule said...

The actual translation is in my head. I didn't post it because the point was for it to be in Spanish, and its not a very good storyline. Yes, I wrote the original. I was practicing for AP Español.
Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Google translator?

Vizarya said...

I wish I knew how it was supposed to be as seen in your head. I feel like that would be infinitely more exciting than any translation.