CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

10/10/10

Today was a beautiful day.

I went to Sunday School, felt useful, got paid, and went out for brunch with my family at a fancy restaurant. It was a buffet and they had everything. I wished my stomach was bigger so I could've tried everything.
The best thing there was a piece of chocolate cake I didn't eat but a bite of, because I ate it last and was too full to finish the delicious concoction.
My parents were celebrating their anniversary, so i got treated to stories of how they met, fell in love, and got married. Apparently, my grandfather suggested (as a joke) that they get married in a funeral home, since it was the only non-church place with an organ.
After brunch we watched a fountain show, which was beautiful. The water danced to the music, creating rainfalls and splashing us with mist. I think the reason people like fountains so much is because they can experience rain on a sunny day.
After we got home, Snark, Austin, and I ventured out to search for Halloween costumes. I took us three hours, and we didn't pick anything, though I tried on numerous funny hats and wigs. I'm thinking of dressing as a rabbi.
Then later, Alena called, and we had a nice long chat.
So. Fulfilling day, although I did not get my writing done or practice my viola (I'm learning the first Bach cello suite prelude. So pretty!)
Plus, the binary for 10/10/10 is 42. Which is the answer to life, the universe, and everything. I think that means if we see a shooting star, we get to ask the ultimate question.

2 comments:

Vizarya said...

Wow!

Ok, so a lot is going on, but the last part of this struck me as highly entertaining. I need to find a star right-quick shooting across the sky to ask it my question. :)

I love stories of how people come to be together. Sometimes there are truly some hilarious factoids hiding amid all the romance.

Yay for fountain displays, too! Your photo is spectacular. It's true though - people love being splashed by faint sprinkles of misty water on hot days.

As for Halloween costumes... I guess a lot of people are searching (I was talking to people about this today actually). Lots of people are going to shop for something new to wear :] Let us know what you end up as!

JJ said...

Do I understand you to say that you went to Sunday School and got paid for it?!