CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 22, 2010

No Comments about Abortion Please

It's funny what being in debate will do to you. Today I was in argument class. A few of my classmates, like me, are very outspoken and argumentative so they will get into any debate they can. Aladdin is a PFer (on the debate team). Probably the only thing you need to know about him is that he's Muslim, because that seems to be a popular toping among the class. Glenna, a girl in my class, keeps calling him a Muslim Supremist. Aladdin is also extremely annoying and condescending.

So, today, Aladdin and Glenna got into a friendly argument about abortion. Aladdin was pro choice, and Glenna was pro life. I overheard the arguments Aladdin was making and I jumped into the conversation for pro life, and I argued that side for half an hour. HOWEVER, I am pro choice.
Now my class thinks I'm conservative when I'm not. It also proves that I am able to see things from more than one point of view.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always good to see from both points of views. Thank god you're not a "socialist" like me :P

JJ said...

I can promise you absolutely that you don't have to be a conservative to be pro-life, Maria. That's just what happens when mindless groups of followers hijack an argument and claim it for their own. I've been into this subject countless times with people. The problem is, very few people can be bothered to think deeply about things. Or maybe they're just incapable. Or maybe they're conditioned out of it. Life has become subservient to lifestyle now.