CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Mind Is In the Washing Machine

My mind is in the washing machine
I left it there on purpose
and specifically turned on the suds
(whatever rhymes with purpose?)
slurpus? I couldn't find
my rhyming dictionary
because my memory's with my mind
getting sanitary.
Cute, right? Only this poem
STInks, with a capital STI.
I guess I could rewrite it
when my mind is dry.

5 comments:

lucy said...

You are wonderful, Maria. I love this.

JJ said...

Your words come close to being a photographic self-portrait, Maria. That's rare. I don't think you should re-write it. It might not be quite as engaging.

What is it about women from Pennsylvania?! Genetic, or what? This could be fascinating if only the core sample were bigger.

Lexi said...

i loved this :)made me laugh

Anonymous said...

Hi,

great expression in your words...

xooxxo

Vizarya said...

Haha, "STI" made me think of a calling card that goes by that acronym or something XD

And "slurpus"? I read it as a misspelled "surplus" ^_^; But now that I think about it, I'm imagining slurpies :D :D

I love suds. You'd better have the fragranty, fun-to-play-with-and-blow-around kind ;]