CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Writing Like Shel Silverstein/ 400th Post!

Ceiling Fan


Oh fan, oh fan, oh ceiling fan
you spin around as fast as you can
but about this I have no doubt:
even YOU can't keep the summer out.


Writing Bug

While considering my career
a writing bug crawled in my ear
my pens and papers quivvered in fear
for the knew their time of use was near.
As I was sitting at my desk
the bug painted a scene picturesque:
an acrylic house standing two stories tall,
the sun shining on a little boy's ball
a dog rolling on a patch of grass,
a grumpy neighbor strolling past.
But I didn't think of a story to tell
cause that bug had painted the picture so well
that I closed my eyes and went to bed
dreaming I was there instead.

3 comments:

JJ said...

I sweated all night under a ceiling fan in New Orleans. No, they don't keep the summer out. Well said.

Lexi said...

hey :)

You can steal my profile picture. LOL :P It's not nesacerily MINE!!! I almost stole YOURS when I first saw it, I love it!!! I use it as a wallpaper on my mobile :P

Anonymous said...

Ahh I miss reading Silverstein :)