CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Subway Memories

1. Once there was a guy in a ponytail and a pink shirt who I accidentally called Ma'am. I was so embarassed!

2. I burnt all the breads in the oven one day and we had to throw them out. I was completely disappointed in myself, until I learned that Amrit had done it the previous day and that my boss did it as well.
3. I made someone's sandwich perfectly, and then she said she didn't want it. So I made her a different one, and then at the end she complained that she hadn't gotten her proper sandwich. I was sooooo mad. Why can't she decide what she wants BEFORE she gets to the end of the line???
4. A woman came in and asked for a bowl of tuna. She seemed like one of those customers that would cause a problem, so I told her how much it would cost before I made her order. Then she complained because she thought that since she wasn't getting bread, it would be free. I told her no, she had to pay for the tuna, and then she said she would, but only if she got free coffee. So Lucky had to make some more for her. I was very glad to see her go.
5. I remember my first meeting of Trim (her real name is way too hard to spell). She stole tip money from the jar without realizing that trainees didn't get tips. I was kinda scared of her after that, but she's a really nice person.
6. Getting free cookies!
7. I was appalled when I was told how to wash the dishes. No soap???
8. I got to see my friend's mom more often than I expected...
9. I saw my old principal and he still knew me by name. No idea how. I remember on my first day of middle school he already knew every kid by name. It was kinda creepy.
10. Getting to secretly give away free sandwiches to my friends. (shh!)

I got my schedule today, and they screwed it up for the first time ever. The problem is that they neglected to tell me about it before this. So now my mom has to go in for me and try to change my schedule. I actually hope they move around my classes, because currently I don't have lunch with ANY of my friends. I'm not great at making new friends, especially on the first day of school. However, I'll manage even if they don't shuffle my classes around...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's mom?
And you might be able to get lunch with me, hopefully

JJ said...

What else would you call a man with a ponytail and a pink shirt? Honeybunch? I'm kidding. I had a pink shirt once. Never had a ponytail, though.

I hate it when shop assistants call me 'sir.' I'm not a knight of the realm, and I'm not their superior, so why call me 'sir?' I've asked them not to once or twice.

But what I hate most is when they make 'sales school' conversation (or try to.)

'It's a lovely day today. Do you have anything planned for this afternoon?'

'I intend to carry on breathing.'

I always avoid the ones who do that.

Have lunch with Snark. Throw primroses into his porridge (the only romantic bit in Wuthering Heights.)

Maria Sondule said...

Jj: lol I would definitely be a person to avoid then...
And hopefully I will have lunch with snark. But right now I don't.

JJ said...

I don't believe you. I have no doubt you're emminently capable of making interesting conversation and avoiding the scripted sort.

Don't forget the primroses (have your read Wuthering Heights?)