1. I think I might be the only person at Subway who doesn't intend to work there their whole life. How pathetic is that?
2. When things are supposed to expire, we simply change the date cards on them and pretend they're new. Usually it's not an issue though; we use up a whole bunch of stuff every day.
3. The cookie dough is REALLY GOOD! :D
4. Tell us up front if you're ordering a large number of sandwiches, because otherwise we will get annoyed.
5. Employees are not allowed to drink milk. I mean, we are, but its not free for us for some reason. So I think my teeth might rot because all I can drink is soda. I'm not drinking the tap water. Or the coffee.
6. We're not allowed to eat cookies free either, but everyone does. Cos they're worth like2 cents, even though we make customers pay 50 cents.
7. The best kind of cookie is the sugar cookie.
8. After about two straight hours of doing meats for sandwiches, you start to get kind of delirious. One customer told me his entire order and I'd forgotten it the second I pulled out the bread.



9 comments:
Ha ha, this was hilarious, thanks Maria!
Wow, I never knew Subway workers had to go through all that!
Oh, first I thought it is like a metro but then it popped to my mind that there are Subway in Hungary as well. However a months ago the first Starbucks opened. In my opinion all this American shit should be kicked out from there, and only Hungarian food stores should be kept, because there are Hungarian shops as well.
Not all American's like american corporatism, Ropi. So don't blame our citizens when the government doesn't take actions (yours and ours).
And #2 makes me not want to eat there anymore XP
haha, it's all part of my evil plan to make sure we have slow days so I can do a good job!! >:)
Ropi: I think the American restaurants should stay here too. Fast food restaurants (including subway and Starbucks) exploit citizens and I'd rather their fungus wasn't spread all over the world. In fact, I'd love to see major fast food reforms in this country too, but containment would be a first step.
I don't think subway is as bad as McDonalds though. At least the food is a bit healthier...
Wow, a bit of sparkiness. A heated debate! I remember when the citizens of one French town were so upset that a McDonald's had opened, they just went and trashed it. We British don't do that sort of thing any more. we're too tame now. Up the Luddite's, I say.
And Maria, I don't think you should work in Subway for the rest of your life. And thanks for blowing the whistle. I thought of you when I was complaining to the manager in my local supermarket. That's an upcoming post.
:O
Please don't put meat on mine XD
What a rip-off with the cookies, though!
Did I mention American citizens? I don't think so. And what if I did?
I got the American Citizens idea from the fact that you tell Maria this. I apologize for that.
And if you did blame Americans for American MNCs expanding, I would take offence. I hate multi national companies and other large companies for their heartless need to gain profit. Many others feel this way as well
I think a lot of people around the world are getting fed up with being swamped by the junk end of American culture ('cos it isn't only chimical-rich 'food.') Part of the problem is that it hides the fact that a lot of excellent things have come out of America, too.
It also has to be said that if people around the world saw through the corporate brainwashing techniques and declined to eat at McDonalds et al, The McDonalds wouldn't be there very long. Hungarians can kick out the 'American shit' if they want to. All they have to do is stop buying it.
But we Brits have to keep our heads down at the moment. BP isn't exactly flying the flag, is it?
Post a Comment