CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 5, 2010

African feathers

Fans and feathers flutter

flutepipes scutter
buttering the air.
Stuttering.
Fish bones seek asylum in the great black bird
on the edge of the shore,
except we plucked his feathers out
and used them for ourselves.
Smiling, muttering
faces leer, puttering,
sputtering in dance,
stuttering.

7 comments:

Kate said...

I like this a lot!!!! :)

lucy said...

Amazing poem, Maria. Amazing.

Lexi said...

wow. thats rly gd!!!! (sry 4 da tesxt talk, im in a rush)

Anonymous said...

Is it just a coinscidence (I hate this word) that you chose African feathers? Because the poem didn't refer to the continent I think. So the title could be New Caledonian Feathers or Kiribati Feathers etc...

JJ said...

Having problems with this one. The picture disturbs me but the style enthralls.

Maria Sondule said...

Haha thanks everyone!
Ropi: the reason it's called African Feathers is because I based it off a painting of an African dancer. The bird was in the background.

Anonymous said...

I see.