CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Understanding


The challenge is to write 100 words, being as natural as you can, without repeating a word. I remember I tried this when I was younger, and it took me a million revisions to get it to sound moderately ok. How's this one?


Happiness without love cannot exist. However, passion substitutes quite well. Near fruitless endeavor makes tongues quiver anxiously, knees knock together, and butterflies congregate in stomachs. What gift does inamorata offer not aforementioned? None. Hearts, once inescapably intertwined, become dull. Light leaves lovers' eyes before one sunset, at most a lingering dawn.
That is romance.
Friendship runs deeper, interconnecting itself with soul. Friends carry us, noone can live alone forever. Blankets comfort like warm arms, ipods screech false promises. But sooner or later, everyone searches, rises against conformity to find peace resounding from another's blessing.
So, amore: needed? No.
Understanding?
Yes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noone is spellt as no one so you repeated "no".
http://www.wikihow.com/Spell-Commonly-Misspelled-Words

I love myself when I am so smart. :D

Maria Sondule said...

I know, but I decided that I'm better than the English language and made it one word. Like "fantastical" :)

Anonymous said...

I am against such language reforms. I am against to any changes in general.

Vizarya said...

Hahaha, I was originally thinking the same as Ropi, but I'm not complaining - the basic idea is good. I make up plenty of words myself to not be bothered ^_^

In any case, I think the friendship leads and sustains the romance. It's just a deeper level of understanding - it's allowing someone else to integrate themselves into your life until aspects of both lives are shared.