CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oriental Curtain

Ever noticed how oriental decorations have a calming effect? I guess that's part of the reason I love Chinese restaurants so much- plus they usually play relaxing Chinese music played on pan flutes. My friend Snark and I experienced this first hand when we went to th China Palace for dinner (he payed, of course). I was extremely nervous beforehand, but as soon as I stepped through the red bead curtain into the restaurant, fluttering heart literally breathed a sigh of relief.

Dinner itself was an interesting experience. With someone else I may have found it awkward, but for some reason I felt completely at ease. Maybe that's because I'm awkward myself? Snatches of the conversation come back to me... he wants to go to Indonesia... my eyes are a pretty green... I remember he said I was acting smiley. I couldn't help it.
We went to see Alice in Wonderland, which was better the second time around, mostly because of the company. I got to lay my head on his comfy shoulder, and I found out that his hands are sweaty just like mine.
Can shy be cute? I wasn't sure before. Now I know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate it. Everyone adores Asian culture because it is trendy. Manga, anime, languages whatever. It is so annoying. I even hate rice.

Bitsa Lit said...

lol! I like traditional Chinese and Japanese food (like real sushi and bao'zi) but other than that.. I really dont know anything about Asian culture. I would have to disagree that manga and anime are trendy though... not the case at allllll.... but for the language bit... it seems smart to learn the language of one of the most populated people in the world...

anyway. Yes, I think shy can be quite cute! if he likes ya, he will like you shy and all!
p.s... Alice was so good right?

Vizarya said...

XD See, no matter how many guys you think are crushing on me, the fact remains that YOU'RE the one who dates, dances, AND dines with potentials ;D You go, girl!

Hahaha, and Chinese themes throw me into awe anyway. The cultural differences are enough to make me wonder. I wouldn't go to an ethnic dine in though without someone to help me translate and decide... ;]

Oh, and I just have to say: "Gotta love the title there" :)

Maria Sondule said...

Ropi: Haha, I really don't like manga or anime. At least as art forms, but that might just be me being superficial.
Seethroughgreen: I don't know anything about Asian culture at all either, except what I've learned from my friends. Mostly it seems to be about pressuring the kids to get straight A's...
Hopefully... I just can't tell yet if he's not pursuing me because he's quiet or because he doesn't like me that way. I think he does though...
I liked certain parts of Alice... like the holding hands part...XD no it was pretty good.

Ann Michelle! You're alive!!!! haha, luckily, the menu was in English, since most people where I live can't read Chinese, even the Chinese people. I like the title too, it makes me think of a red silk scarf blowing about elegantly in the wind.

Vizarya said...

I live!! :)

Hahaha, and that's hilarious... I guess a little menu compromise is a good thing - so long as we have the experience, ya know?

The title definitely has a ring to it~

Jill Kemerer said...

Oh, sweaty palms, head on shoulders--I'm loving this! Tell me your fortune cookie was a good one!

Maria Sondule said...

It was a great one: Your greatest wish will come true. I posted it on facebook and he commented: "I know mine has" :D Isn't that cute?