Today was the day of the Science Olympiad, a competition for teams of highschool students relating to, obviously, the sciences. Alena and I signed up for it together, and we chose a few events to compete in, namely cell biology, since we are both in AP bio. We got up really early, got on the bus, and our goal teacher told us that we should sign up for another event. So we signed up for remote sensing, which was supposed to be about forest biomes, although I don't even know why I thought that, because the name has nothing to do with forests at all.
Anyway, we got there, and the contest was about satellites. Satellites. Who knows anything about satellites? Well, apparently we did, because we placed fourth out of twenty teams in the even.t Or at least, we knew more than some people.
And we didn't even place in cell biology, despite knowing every single answer except one on the test and turning it in half an hour ahead of time. Ironic much??



6 comments:
Well, I always hated Biology. We rarely have such projects. Once I held a presentation on US economy between 1865 and 1914, where I used Power point, charts, maps and everything.
Whoa! That's actually quite hilarious. I'm glad you had a great time coming away with 4th in an obscure (mind, non-forest related) topic! As for why you didn't place in the other... well, that's just starting to sound like a coin-toss judgment. Maybe too many of the other teams chose it too. Must be a typical subject everyone studied for? Hm...
Congratulations all the same! Lol, maybe you can help me with AP Bio next year ;D Whattya say?
er... I don't think I'm the right person for that. Even though I'm in AP bio that doesn't mean I'm good at it. Spring's the one you want- apparently her teacher's preparing her really well for the exam.
XD Oh man, her teacher is really good at hounding students to absorb all the information she tosses on them! I'm actually wondering if I'll be able to retain half the information I need to :-/
Do you like the class?
No, I hate the class, actually. My teacher has a voice that needs to be lubricated, and she just talks the entire time and never provides any worksheets or review material. We just have to rely on her and the book.
Uh oh. That sort of arrangement never worked out well for me... Maybe you should try making a study group - join up with a few other brains to remember anything that would otherwise go forgotten during lectures.
Post a Comment