The party is always the best part of a bar-mitzvah. Austin's was no different. We all arrived (Spring, Lila, me....) at around 6 in the evening. Spring and I had gotten our hair curled earlier in the day and we were also both wearing really extravagant dresses that could've passed at homecoming. (in fact, mine was my homecoming dress) Austin had apparently told everyone to come in casual clothing. (and we'll leave it at that.)
Melinda, Alena and Delia were all at our table, so we had a nice conversation before dinner started. We were also right next to the speakers, so we got a good dose of music. For dessert, I managed to grab a piece of delicious chocolate cake. It looked so moist and delicious and wonderful... but I was already full so I put a note on it saying "Do Not Take I'm Not Done." Then I got up to do some activities.
The first thing was the building of the "tabernacle." The DJ passed out sticks and paper and sticky gems and gave us 10 minutes to build the ark of the covenant. 

After that, there was the ceremonial chairlifting, where Austin teetered in the sky for a few moments. We all danced the hora around him.
There was also an interesting contest where we had to blow up balloons and fit them inside these gigantic shirts that the DJ gave us. I was wearing the shirt, so by the time we'd fitted our 15 balloons up it, I was looking pretty bulky. We did win that, by the way.
The rest was normal dancing. Timothy, if you're reading this (because it's not safe to assume you're not :P) I'd like you to know that I am not the person you went to Semi with last year. Seriously, I was all over the place, jumping and yelling. Even though I looked completely ridiculous, it was really fun.
There was a slow dance, and guess who popped up? This boy who'd been e-mailing me for some reason. So I danced with him. The weird thing is that he's my teacher's son. Gulp.
After that I went back to grab a bite of cake, and it was gone! Evil hotel people.
It was at that point that people started to get off the dance floor, but I stayed on, because they were playing songs I really liked. Eventually Spring and I were the only ones left on the dance floor, rockin' it out to "See You Again" by Miley Cyrus. The Dj was rather amused. 

Anyway, the only bad part of the party was when it was over. It got me all hyped up for Semi, because that's what it'll be like, only with people my age. If only I could find someone to go with that I wouldn't mind looking ridiculous in front of. Monsieur David is the best possibility (and he has said on numerous occasions that he's forcing himself to go to Semi) but there's a 98% chance he'll say no if I ask him to go with me.
We shall see.



6 comments:
Well, once all the fun ends.
Ropi, you deleted your blog!!! :-l Sorry, but that's just really unexpected.
Haha I haven't been anywhere! I just haven't posted much recently for some reason... Been preoccupied and had my bloggers block :) lol.
It's all good now thoughhhh!
Emma's bacckkkkkk :)
Wow *grins breathlessly* I like being taken away by the scenes you portray.
XD Yay for being overdressed and having deliciously filling food and games (LOL - they sound like SO much crazy fun!!) and dancing!! Though, I'm sorry they took your cake =( They should be quarantined for doing such a preposterous thing! D:
:-/ Oh my gosh. I am so jealous that you got to slow dance with the new guy... I've been crushing on my own teacher's son for a while (he's the KH character you've been reading up on... but please don't mention it on my blog, cuz some nosy people read into the comments sometimes and I don't want them to know). <_< Ahem. Maybe I'm just weird like that. I blame it on being a teenager. =P
Semi sounds pretty cool right about now... ;D
Sigh. You have so many available people you could crush on! (Spring actually makes it sound like you have zero nice boys at your school... but then I read your blog and it's the opposite) I basically used up any potential dates by going out with Timothy and Brianna.
:P
Nah... there really are only a few "nice boys" at our school. Its rare to find a somewhat gentlemanly character in any of the boys nowadays *sighs*
I just try to look for the best in everyone... so I suppose that could be why some of the people I describe in my posts sound alright =]
Post a Comment