
Clothed in darkness, hair pulled back out of eyes (so unusual!), lights dimmed, anxious breath....
Today we performed Beauty and the Beast for all the little 8th graders. (and all of them are little) I didn't make as many mistakes as I thought I was going to, and I even corrected my oh-so-perfect stand partner in one song! The actors were all great, of course, but if I do say so myself, the pit was even better. Crew is the only thing that we need to work on. They take forever to transition sometimes...
There was just one thing. You know that rush you get right before you perform? The one that's a little bit of nervousness mixed in with anticipation and a sense of "I ROCK!"? I didn't get it. And all I felt after the show was an aching neck from holding my viola there for so long. Maybe it's because I'm not the center of the audience's attention. Most of them can't even see me, because I'm right next to the stage. There are perks to being in the pit, but this isn't one of them. Next year, Maria Sondule shall be in the cast! (hopefully)
HOWEVER, I am in good spirits, because guess what? People missed me at school! Alfonso was relieved when I told him I would be in Spanish tomorrow, Delia informed me of our Forensics antics, as did several others, and David (who I keep calling Kevin for some reason) told me about driving Ginger away from out table. :P Yay! I can't believe so many people noticed I wasn't there! (it was more than what I just said)



8 comments:
Ahhhh snazzzzyyy :P
Hmmm Jake Vs Edward... Toughie.
Edward in theory cause he's amazing, but Jake's so perfect in a rugged way. Mixture of the 2 please? :)
Pit = underappreciated.
Not to rip on the cast (they're amazing), but without the pit, they wouldn't have music for the musical.
Yeah, we drive the entire thing. But the cast does work harder than us, I think.
I love Beauty and the Beast. My favourite fairytale and Disney movie.
Congratulations on getting through the first performance! And on improving very much so to the point of being able to correct your wonderful stand partner ;D
Hm... when I was in my school musical, I was first part of the cast only. But then they integrated me into being a part of the crew. I couldn't do pit even if I wanted... although I DID help them set/pack up when I got the chance! :D I guess, in a way, I did do part of everything... Hm. Good times XD
And how dare you think people wouldn't miss you if you were gone! I missed you... you, like, disappeared off the face of the earth @_@ T'was a scary thought. But you came back! :D
Aw, thanks!
Lol, I hope your crew was better than ours. No offense to them, but they're STILL not up to full performance level.
When I was an 8th grader I was around 6'2-3 so it is a stereotype that they are little. :D
yay for school productions!
Post a Comment