CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

TECH 1

The Regime has begun- from now on I will not get to go home from 6:30Am until at least 6 PM. That's not really that bad, but I'll have to get used to it again. 

We have a map test in SS tomorrow which I should be studying for... but obviously I'm not... I know most of the places anyway... 

The Pit is right in front of the stage, filled with about 60 music stands. We were each equipped with a light and a pencil for marking things. Voila!!! The lights dimmed in the theater, and we started the overture. Da dee dummm........ 3 notes into the song, Typical Mr P wags his baton at us and shouts "Start over!" 
The singers are all really good, and the set is already built so we get to see what it'll look like at showtime. Since we violas have been moved to the back of the orchestra, we get to sneak peeks at the cast as they perform. :)

Children's science exam (as I remember it):
Q: What are the main parts of the human body (ex abdomen)
A: Three main parts are the brainium, the borax, and the abdominal. The brainium has the head, the borax is the middle, and the abdominal is made of the 5 bowels, A E I O and U.

This poem doesn't make sense but...

out of the earth
frozen over
and awash with new snow
came a flame
small
but bright.

It burned like a slender sun
two, three seconds,
then dwindled
and died.

There was a pool 
of clear water, left like blood,
that quickly turned to ice
and the earth continued flowing

but it knew
that there had been
a flame.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have days like that when I go to tour guiding but I usually wake up 6am.

On that other hand maybe we just forget this US case again according to the "status quo ante" but I stick to everything I said.

Vizarya said...

Wow. Okay, the poem certainly took my breath away and reminded me of the momentary sunrise of the Arctic. What brought this specific piece to mind?

Ahem, right... so - tech! Yay for staying at school for WAY too long <_< It is good that you at least get to watch the cast perform :D

And that children's science exam is so cute! :D

Anonymous said...

i actually really liked this poem. i can't explain it, but it made sense to me.

eek, good luck getting through the long days!

Maria Sondule said...

Ropi: 'k.
Ann Michelle: Arctic!! LOL! :) Yay. I was thinking about how good things aren't always appreciated but they happen anyway.
Kibberon: Thanks!