Once again, Ropi has taken himself off my blog. He has also deleted his recent post, which leads me to believe it is another America thing.
Let's see, what did I say?
The US affects the world: it does. Even if you hate it, it does, and it's not going away quite yet. That doesn't mean it's great, it just means it affects the world.
So you prolly wouldn't want our economy to get any worse: because if affects the world, and if we go down, a lot of countries also might. (case in point, because of us, it's already happening) (again, not saying the US deserves lots of love)
At least we're doing something: blah. Even if it won't work. This is not a sentence blaming someone else.
Just in case, No offense intended: because last time the SAME THING happened and I was trying to look at it from an unbiased angle. Maybe he read it as an insult?
I really don't understand.
Does that sound insulting, incorrect, or America-loving to you? What if I were from Russia and I said that the US affects the world?



11 comments:
Well, if you said that, I would agree with you for all the reasons you have described. If anyone else said it, I would agree with them still. But I'm not a great person to come to for these things... I'm pretty neutral in spirit.
But, the US does affect the world. The world has been turning to the US, since the collapse of the Soviet Union. And, the world economy cannot improve without the American assistance. I don't think the US is the soul-culprit.
Why hate the US? If you are gonna hate something hate the cold. It's freezing here in Canada. There, see, that's true friendship; I just offered to take the bullet (hatred) for the US :). Let me go devour some maple syrup now :P.
For anyone else who happens to read this: I'm from the US, so please don't think I'm some fanatic who wants to bring the western world (or any place really, lol) to pieces. D:
*devours maple syrup with Zany*
Visit you
AGAIN???
Seriously, let's face it: the US has taken over the world in some ways, and the rest of the world does not always appreciate our influence.
I punch your nose, it won't feel good to you, It won't feel make me any better if I do that but at least I won't have guilty conscience if I do that because AT LEAST I DID SOMETHING. And these capital letter words lead the World to a crap. If we carry on going to this direction I wish the Soviet Union won the cold war. Even if I am wrong it wouldn't be much worse. Maybe there wouldn't be many brands but if you look at my gardrobe, it is not so diverse and my mother wouldn't force me to go long shoppings.
If you were a Russian you wouldn't say anything like that I bet that.
If I had a broken nose and you punched it, there's always the chance it would heal to the way it had been before it got broken. Whereas, if you didn't do anything, it would stay broken. Sure, it's not like getting a splint, but we have no idea how to do that and probably not the means even if we did know.
I bet I would, because it's TRUE. Saying the US doesn't affect the world is like saying the sun isn't a star. That's why you're so mad at us! If we didn't affect the world, you wouldn't care what we did because it wouldn't change anything for you.
Be mad at the US all you want, I don't care. You're a smart guy, and the stuff you accuse us of doing is true. But geez, don't get pissed at ME. (my comment was completely neutral!) I certainly didn't have a hand in this. When I'm voting age, it'll be different.
Lol, sorry, I promised myself I wouldn't argue. Now I'll just end up giving like 600 comments about this... :P Why can't we have discussions like this in Forensics, where I can get points for it??
You know in Hungary there was an almost 60 years long Soviet opression so let me say that I know Russian nature a bit better than you. You really need to defeat a Russian and then he/she will accept it but the US isn't so great anymore although it has leading role in economy. On the other hand Russian politicians are much more disciplined and discipline reduces the chance to err.
About your example about the punched nose. I have a classmate who does Taekwondo and she has broken her nose a few times and it is not as it had been originally.
Well, if I were you I would be thankful it wasn't in front of the class and the teacher because your argument diet when you said "at least we are doing something". I would say it was stupid but I don't want to offend stupid people. If you said it in my class, then you would be the target of irony and teasing.
I am also thankful it is not in front of anyone except these people who joined forces with you because I am not good at public speaking and speaking in general.
Don't you think is it kind of coward to translate your words in a way that it makes me the villain? I wasn't planning to read your blog anymore but I did because I had a fear that you will throw mud at me because I used my freedom to express my opinion and I had a feeling that I was going to be the target of some "conspiracy". However it is alright. I translate them in my one:
"The US affects the world": alright, but in Hungary weak minded leaders are deposed. Why doesn't the World do that?
"So you prolly wouldn't want our economy to get any worse": 1, prolly? What word is that? 2, I don't need to want, the US does without that so it is unsignificant.
"At least we're doing something": I have explained my problem with that above.
"Just in case, No offense intended": Do you think it change the content of your comment? Not really. Let's see an example: XY is fat and ugly but no offense intended. XY won't feel better due to "no offense".
I think that's all I wanted to say. NOW you all can hate me.
Well duh. A punched nose is an analogy to the economy.
Lol, yeah, I guess that was kinda weak. It was a sarcastic comment.
Nope. Ropi, I don't get annoyed when you say bad things about the US. I get annoyed when you overreact to whatever I say and stop following my blog. YOU are the problem.
Is it possible for you to be open-minded?
What the heck could I do to you anyway? It's not like I can send an e-mail punch.
Because the world isn't a democracy.
I was NOT insulting you. That comment was not in any way attacking you. It wasn't even disagreeing with you. So really I shouldn't have had to put that in there in the first place.
Sorry, I don't hate people for stupid reasons.
Should I be more open minded? No. Sometimes I upset myself how tolerant I am towards others' opinions even if they are against me. So I won't be more open minded and from now I will control my life and anything connected with iron fist.
Am I the problem? Then you are an idiot on any scale because if I am a problem you should be happy that I withdraw from "your life".
Ropi: I find your comments very offensive. Maria has been nothing but polite to you, and yet you have constantly insulted her. Personally, I'm glad you decided not to read her blog because now the rest of us won't have to read your idiotic comments. If this offends you, I'm glad, because the crudeness of your comments has deeply offended me. It is a measure of Maria's character that she can put up with you.
Post a Comment