CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Disoriented

1. Pants and weird shirt.

2. Weirder hair
3. AMAZINGLY weird lunch conversation that made me look like a fool but it was fun! Poor Jason... his mind shall be forever tainted. And high-five to Ginger!
4. And Timothy's hair doesn't smell like anything. Which, in a sense, is better than kiwi.

Not that it matters, but I have achieved first chair in my (admittedly lousy) section of violas! Will, who was first chair before, got 6 pts less than me on playing tests, so I should get the lead. If there are any solos whatsoever, I, not he, will get to play them. :)
This is not necessarily a great accomplishment because after all we are violas, notorious for being lazy and getting easy parts. Also, this year's crop of players is a lot worse than last year. Whenever we play a section by ourselves, there's always someone in the back who's hideously out of tune. It's like, can you please get an ear??
Anyway, I'm going to the school play tonight, which I tried out for but didn't make, so you'll be hearing about that soon. 
Ta ta. *whisper whisper*

7 comments:

Emma C. said...

Nahhh we have a week off for half-term :)

changetheworld360 said...

Yay! Congrats on first chair! You should be proud even amid the laziness.

Anonymous said...

Hi there how are you? I was looking through your blog and found it interesting and wanted to leave you a comment.

I have an invitation for you to come and visit my art blog here in San Diego Southern California. I started this blog in an attempt at finding a creative way to find new friends, and explore my artistic skills through bloging. I have since found many new friends from an international audience. I hope you will stop by and enjoy the various labels and music videos I design for my art blog.
I hope to see you soon :)

Vizarya said...

Congrats on becoming first chair! I would see the upgrade as an incentive to do better... but it also makes sense that some of the others wouldn't want to try as hard knowing how poorly they did compared to amazing violists like yourself.

And, why the whispering?

Zany said...

Congratulations on first chair. What's wrong with kiwi?

Maria Sondule said...

It doesn't actually smell like kiwi.

Anonymous said...

i wish that we had orchestra at my school. i would so have continued onto band from middle school. sigh.