This weekend Austin, Mom and I went to Thinview retirement home to visit my grandparents and watch my grandfather's play. We had to get up around 6:40 A.M. to finish packing, and we got to Thinview at about 12 PM. (the driving was torture, by the way)
I'll skip to the part where Spring arrived, because that's where things get interesting.
She came at about 5:00, and immediately we rushed towards each other to say hello. Her sibling tried to kill me in a boa constrictor hug, but thankfully Spring saved me by making us go up to our room.
Once we had succeeded in getting rid of everybody else, we decided to go explore. In the place we were staying in, there was a secret passage going from one room to another. Coincidentally, there was someone staying in one room connected to the secret passage, so we crept in as quietly as possible and spied on them. They weren't very interesting, unfortunately.
After getting bored of that, we went back to our room and I showed her my Semi pictures. (sorry, Timothy)
(ok, that was really boring)
That night, we had a really interesting philosophical conversation consisting of the following issues:
-should abortion be allowed (we didn't decide on that one)
-should the government be allowed to see what books you take out of the library (no!!)
-should gay marriage be allowed (yes!!!!!!)
-Why do girls go for boys with nice personalities, while boys go for pretty girls? (This one was the most fun, as we got to make fun of boys in general)
Then we analyzed each other's lives.
The next morning, I got up at 6:45 to eat breakfast, and Spring slept in until about 8:30. We left for Church at about 11:00. The sermon was really fascinating- the preacher talked about how cliques are like their own little churches. Plus, it only went on for about 20 minutes!
After church, I have to admit that Spring and I did something we shouldn't have. We followed what looked like a secret passage around the back of the organ. Guess where it led to- a kitchen! (imagine that) Spring burst into hysterical fits of laughter.
We also played the organ.
Of course, there was also the play, which was very interesting. It was basically an argument between G-d and Satan. The person who played G-d was a professional actor.
Right after the play was over we drove home (5 hours of torture again) and got back around 6:30.
Ok, I have to go. I think this entry is a little too long.



3 comments:
sounds cool. Your discussion must have been very interesting. And no, it's not very long. My posts are way longer.
actually, I got up at 9:00, not 8:30.
By the way, you can call my "sibling" Jenna.
Did she pick that name?
How do you sleep so long?????
Post a Comment