Have you ever noticed how good lilacs smell? Their fragrance is like bitter sweetness almost, and very overpowering. Right now I'm sitting outside (with a laptop) and enjoying the last sprinkling of sunshine. Here beside this lilac bush everything seems so... perfect. Summer looms over the horizon, bringing prospects of carefree days, curiosity, and of course Spring (who is coming in June). These past few days have been very overwhelming, with all the newness and exciting discoveries.
Today Timothy and I went kayaking. (which was supposed to be considered a "date" but thankfully didn't feel like one) He arrived at my house at 1:00, interrupting my piano playing. (that was not necessarily a bad thing) I took him on a tour of the house, and I wouldn't let him see most of the rooms because they were so cluttered. He also tried to teach me some calligraphy, but I'm hopeless. And of course we played one game of air-hockey. (he won easily.)
At the actual kayaking place we managed to splash each other numerous times, and made it to the edifice on the other side of the lake before heading back. I'm not sure how much Timothy liked it because I suspect he would say that he did enjoy it in order to not make me feel bad. But he wouldn't lie either. So that's a puzzle.
After returning to my house we played several games of Pit. (if you haven't played it, you should.) Timothy and I created a black market, which was cheating, but it was fun anyway. And then Timothy beat us in a game of Sorry.
He went home at about 4:00.
So now I'm next to the lone lilac bush, wondering what'll happen next. I don't want to post any of my deep emotions for fear that I will say the wrong thing and insult someone, or embarrass myself. I think I'll focus on catching the last rays of joy. I'm not used to feeling happy.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Lilacs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I love the description and use of similes and metaphors to describe your perfect day and happy feelings! Very nice post.
nice post..i like the last line the most..sounds a bit like me...enjoy the moments as long as they last ..and thanks for your visit to backpakker and your comment there
lakshmi
Thank you to both of you!
Woot! You got a random comment!
Yep. I went to their blog too.
Post a Comment