CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Death is Part of Life

Hi. I guess everyone's been wondering what the "big" news is (not!). Well, Grandpa harvey died today. It was in the morning, Dad said. The morning after he left his father's side to come home to us.

He died because he had a massive stroke. The stroke was a couple days ago, but he's been brain-dead ever since and it was just now that he stopped functioning. In case anybody cares, some of the things Grandpa Harvey used to do were:
-Give us $1 whenever we found the afikomen.
-Squeeze us when we visited him
-laugh when we called him bald
-eat pie right out of the dish
-watch the cooking channel, even though he never cooked a day in his (now over) life.

I didn't cry, because wherever he is, it's got to be better than being in a hospital, either brain-dead or so weak that he couldn't speak.
I just feel a little bit sad that he didn't have time to make any more happy memories, or to ruffle our hair one more time.
I don't know how Lila's taking it. She doesn't seem to be too distressed, but then again, Lila doesn't always wear her emotions on her sleeve (even though it always seems like it). Dad's pretty sad. His eyes were red the last time I saw him. (It was his father)

We're going to the funeral the day after tomorrow, and staying in Cleveland for a couple days.

0 comments: