Hello again. Today I'm writing to tell you all the tale of the Semiformal dance that I went to with Timothy. It all started at 10:00. I got 12 inches cut off my hair, which is a lot but still leaves my hair pretty long, and donated it to Locks of Love. Of course, since the dance was that night, I had it styled as well.
At 4:00, I put on my dress. (It was purple with weird glittery things on it.) Then, after an hour of checking everything and getting ready, my Dad came home and forced me to take lots of pictures. We left to pick up Lila from a birthday party at 5:00, and took her along with us to Timothy's house. When we rang the doorbell, Timothy answered it, (looking very handsome) in a suit and purple tie. He helped me put my corsage on, and let me stab him with his bountierre (however you spell it). Then we took a million pictures together outside. Most of them will look bad because I was really nervous and kept squirming, not to mention not smiling.
The rest of the group arrived, and we took a million more pictures and then went out to dinner. The restaurant was very nice and we got a deal because Timothy had a special coupon. Again, I was really nervous, and my hands were all sweaty and I didn't have anything to say and my stomach was so crowded with butterflies that I ate less than half the meal....
So then came the actual dance. Timothy was tired from chopping a tree all day (not to mention being wounded by the thorns) and so did not want to dance much. We tried dancing to all the slow songs, because that's the easiest kind to dance to, but it was really awkward. I should say that neither of us know how to dance. At all. Both Timothy and I probably looked horrible whenever we tried, but at least we had fun with it. He ended up with glitter on his nose from my dress.
The bad parts of the dance:
-when it was awkward because there was nothing to say
-when Timothy accidentally punched his friend
-the end
The good parts:
-When Timothy did his cool head thing
-when we managed to slow dance correctly
-not getting lost
-doing the Cotton Eye Joe dance (even though I probably did it really badly)
-when Timothy promised to give me a certain picture
The end came all too soon. I had a lot of fun, and it wasn't really that bad for a dance. Thanks to Timothy for asking me!!!
There are lots of pictures, and I will show them to people who wish to see on Monday.
(Timothy, I hope you had a good time)(also, nothing in this passage was meant to be insulting to you, so please forgive me if it sounds that way)



2 comments:
Hey there! Sounds like you had fun after all. I can't wait to see your pictures, even if they were bad.
Post a Comment