CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Funeral

Hi again.

Right now I'm sitting on a hotel bed in Cleveland. We're here for Grandpa's funeral, which was today at 3:00. Aunt Vee and Uncle Moe are here from California, and Lila spent all of yesterday annoying them. We played 3 games of capture the flag (me and Lila against Austin) and then went to the viewing. 
Grandpa's in a really huge oak casket, which has an ornate carving of a menorah on the side. On top of the casket there's an American flag, because he was in the army. I don't know when,- now it seem obvious I should've asked him, but Dad said it was a sore topic.
His body was laid out in all likenesses of a board, his hands at his sides, his back as straight as a back could possibly be. It was crooked in real life. His eyes were obviously closed, and his nose kind of stuck out like a hook.

Anyway, I'll skip the rest of the boring stuff. (I just felt like ranting.) The funeral was really nice- there was a cantor, and she read all these quotes about what people said about Grandpa. We went to the cemetery in  a limo (a limo!) which was really cool because there were tinted windows and a TV. We got to throw dirt on the casket at the burial site. 

Ok, that's all I can write because my parents are coming and I'm not allowed to have a blog. Sorry about the boring content. Bye!

3 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

Hi. I'm commenting on my own post. Sad, huh?

changetheworld360 said...

Sounds very interesting, but are you glad that it's over?

Maria Sondule said...

Of course I'm glad it's over! Who wants to be in a state of mourning forever?