CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Nefas Eve

If I look through the blinds

I can pretend the streetlight
is a star
glistening just for us
right outside the window.
It gilds your face and paints
your pupils wild colors
or maybe that's just the reflection of
my emotions, my thoughts, my ideas
churning themselves into
silky imagination butter.
Nefas.
Ego amo te.


2 comments:

Ben Ditty said...

Great imagery of streetlight stars. Hadn't thought of them like that :)

Vizarya said...

Look at you, broadening my knowledge of Latin. Out of curiosity, what is the title supposed to translate to?

I can't tell, really, but reading this feels like you're making something more out of something in real life (if only in your head) - something I'm prone to doing. To me it feels like unfairly lifting something on a pedestal in the attempt to feel something more from it, maybe feel something to reciprocate "love" or the degree of attraction shown to you. But it's confusing. It's easy to imagine something in a better light even when reality falls short.

But then I think about the title and its meaning. I read "sinful living," but I've never taken Latin, so I wouldn't really know. Is it a crime to try to love someone who cares for one insomuch as they are able?