CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 7, 2011

Decision Making Process

Unicorn: Is romantic, easy to talk to, tells me everything, seeks me out, compliments me all the time, likes to analyze things, and will try things I recommend to him. I like talking to him more than any other person on campus, and he really likes me. He's not physically attractive at all, though, and sometimes he does very strange things.

Viola guy: Is romantic, writes poetry, pretty easy to get along with, Jewish, plays the viola, loves to read, and is very dedicated to what he does. He seems like the perfect match for me, except that he has almost no time for me, and he would definitely choose his music over me. He also seems rather dependent on me to make friends, which could result in a sticky situation.
Olaf: Is not romantic at all, at least not at first glance. He doesn't directly compliment me, but his body language towards me is romantic and usually complimentary in a round about way. He's very physically attractive, which I like. (I mean, who wouldn't?) He makes me laugh, and he's easy to talk to once you cross the line into a deep conversation.

I feel like I should choose, but I also feel like I'll make a mistake.

6 comments:

JJ said...

On the face of it, none of the above. But not necessarily. If you were to ask the advice of an experienced person, the first thing they would have to do would be to get to know you better than you probably know yourself. In my experience, just by way of skimming the surface, good matches tend to make good marriages but bad romances. Whatever you do, forget the Hallmark model. That's for pre-pubescents and those who are beyond hope. The real world is different.

And have you considered this? A young woman has one precious jewel that is her only real dowry. It might be better not to hand it to the first bozo who comes along. It's also worth bearing in mind that men are generally more guided by physical drives than they might appear on the surface.

So who was the guy on the rock?

Maria Sondule said...

None, really?
And what's this precious jewel business? My time? My devotion? Because I can give that again and again and it still is worth as much every time.
The guy on the rock was Olaf. I think I named him in the post...

I don't know if this response sounds snippy; it is not intended to be. I'm just thinking out loud.

Maria Sondule said...

Nvm I didn't name him, I was thinking that I posted a different version than i did for some reason.

JJ said...

As I implied, I don't know you well enough. I just felt like the fairy godfather acting on instinct and thinking 'No, no, no. Next.' I want perfection for you, Maria. There was something about all these that didn't sit right. Not exceptional enough.

Jewel? C'mon, Maria. Modesty makes me most reluctant to spell it out! I like to think of you as a rare, special one. You're the snowflakes-on-the-tongue girl, remember? And who else comments on my blog these days?

Be as snippy as you like. If you give somebody respect, politeness ceases to matter. Good word, snippy. We don't use it over here.

Vizarya said...

Phooey. I already know who you've chosen :(

I ended up choosing someone more like Unicorn and Viola Guy, which is just as well for me since I didn't intend to really be in any sort of relationship whatsoever. Granted, I also chose because it was too easy and I wanted to know some things about being with someone first before I really sunk my teeth into the experience. Blah, that probably didn't make any sense. :-/

Maria Sondule said...

Why is choosing someone like viola guy or unicorn a bad thing? They were very viable candidates, I just happened to like Olaf better.
The thing is you sounded like you had problems with how he treats you at certain times, which I think is more in tune with Olaf's personality on the face of things. I can't imagine Unicorn being in any way shape or form mean. Viola guy maybe.
And I completely get it.