CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 7, 2011

Dance Dance Dance


I literally spent the weekend dancing my butt off. The reason was a swing dance exchange that I paid 70 dollars to attend. As a double plus, I got to stay with my family, which was amazing.

However, I didn't really get to see them because we were out dancing for more than 12 hours a day. The dances started at 1PM and went all the way until 5 AM, although they were split into three dances with an hour in between each to go eat and rest. The afternoon dances were informal and the evening ones I wore fancier dresses to. Late night dances featured a blues floor and a lindy-hop floor, for those who decided they were hyper enough to dance fast. I was awake for most of the late nights, but I still danced the blues because it's just more fun.

5 comments:

Ben Ditty said...

Dancing's so lovely :)

JJ said...

What we all want to know:

Are you the blue dress?

Maria Sondule said...

Yes, of course.

Vizarya said...

LOL - I'm starting to think we're living the same lives in different places. I also spent my weekend at a dance event! Granted, it was actually a Latin Dance competition, but eh. Details. *waves hand offhandedly*

Haha, I like how you say you were awake for most of the late nights. What dances did you learn/dance to all in all?

Maria Sondule said...

Well I learned how to blues dance and there was a lot of lindy hop.