Today is a Wednesday, which means I wake up at 7:30 (or before then, if my roommate is clomping around getting ready for clinicals) stumble out of bed, and shower. I only take a 5 minute shower, at least now, when it's warm. I put on a pair of sweatpants and a ratty tee, complete with tennis shoes. Then, I do my hair and makeup. My bag is already packed from the day before, so promptly at 8 I stroll out the door and get breakfast. At 8:10 I leave the breakfast hall, walking rather quickly to my gym class. The walk takes 20 minutes at a good clip, so ironically I' tired when I arrive for Cardio Fitness.
Aha! My ipod is in my backpack, so I listen to energizing music while sluggishly walking on a treadmill. 20 minutes and then I have to skedaddle and change. At 9:10 I'd better be out the door, because it's 20 minute walk to Abnormal psychology, which starts at 9:30. In psychology I smile and take notes, eagerly squirming to raise my hand and getting annoyed at that one student who interrupts with redundant personal anecdotes.
At 9:20 I walk slowly to my next class, Hebrew, where I smile at the cute Jewish bot who doesn't remember my name. Hebrew is one floor below Developmental Psych, where I squeeze into a tiny chair with a desk smaller than my laptop. I yawn all throughout class because the room is so crowded and hot and the teacher doesn't ask many questions.
At 12:30 I trot 10 minutes to lunch. Then it's relaxation time, which means study. Read, read, read, and practice viola. Social time if any left.
At 3:30 I head to archery with one of my friends, shoot arrows into targets (or not) for two hours and then go upstairs for fencing. If it's Friday I go from 4 to 5:50, at which point I take off for services and dinner at Hillel. Mondays and Wednesdays I stay for half an hour and then run back (20 minutes) to the dorms, grab my instrument, and go to 1.5 hours of orchestra. After orchestra, 1.5 hours of glee club takes me into the exhausted night and then I go back to my dorm.
But not to bed; I have to study, and probably read some Shakespeare. Since I don't have a class until 1 the next day I can stay up late, go downstairs, and socialize until I'm tired. Oh wait, I was tired since gym class.



1 comments:
Sounds almost as busy as my first term at the naval academy, only our first activity started at 6.20 am (Mon-Sat) and the day finished at 6.30 pm. We didn't even get the whole of Sunday off - obligatory damn church parade in pristine best uniform. It was inspected, and the slightest blemish attracted punishment, which was to work through break periods. Delightful.
Post a Comment