CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 28, 2011

College Life

The past few days I've been getting used to college, trying not to spend too much time alone in my dorm room. The one thing I've noticed is the sheer abundance of food. Every single event they host for us, there's free food. And that's not including the three meals served buffet style in the dining room. I've been trying to make healthy choices, but I did enjoy a mexican wedding cookie and some paella at the international lunch.

As soon as I arrived in my dorm, I realized that we did not have enough hangers, so after lunch we stopped at a dry cleaners and they gave me some. Now I have about fifty extras.
The people in my hall are very kind. My roommate (who I'll call Seoul because she's Korean and very connected to her background, which is something I think is cool) is a nursing major, along with almost half the girls on our floor. They all formed a sort of cult, and they all go around together. They're still very friendly, but I haven't spent too much time with them.
One girl in the room next to me, Merrily, has orange skeleton earrings. I like her.

Some Welcome Days events included meeting one of our instructors, meeting instructors that we don't have classes with, meeting with our floormates, doing a class boogie, discussing a book, a concert, a party, and an activity of choice (I attended the swing club).
I signed up for about 13 activities, not including classes. I'm planning to do maybe three or four, if my schedule will allow it.
College is awesome.

1 comments:

JJ said...

What I was going to say was cynical, so I desisted. I just hope it doesn't dull your shine, Maria. I hope you don't capitulate to the tramline Tartars. Damn! I'm being cynical.

That purple on your blog wrecks my colour vision, and the black text is difficult to read.