THe musical is going well. I'm getting bored of it but every show I notice something new. Like the way my stand partner lifts his pinky on his bow when he does tremolo. It reminds me of a lady drinking tea.
I also notice how Javert always grits his teeth. And he wields his club like a sword.
The Thenardiers get very into character as well. They do a great job of being evilly overweight.



5 comments:
So, is your role doing the sound effects for the tom cat fights?
Sorry for not writing frequently. University and other things make me busy.
AHHHHH - I learned about this show from my Godparents, but I never really listened to the music until last summer when a friend of mine let me listen to the tracks on her iPod. After that, I HAD to find it on broadway.
Lol, my Drama teacher gets so sick of the music and stuff after everything that goes into the final show... she practically forbids anyone to sing the show's songs in her presence for at least a year.
Ahh, it's nice to notice the nuances once the bigger things no longer seem so pressing.
Sorry for not responding:
Jeff: No, I'm in the pit, playing my viola.
Ann Michelle: Yes, it's an amazing show. Unfortunately, the broadway productions of it are usually worse than the recording. And even our school show that we did. I was very disappointed when I looked it up on youtube.
*smiles ruefully* So I'm not the only one to think so. I just saw a WETA version of Les Miserables for their 25th anniversary showing... it wasn't near as great as the music clips I listened to last summer.
Ha! And you apologizing for non-response amuses me since I've all but dropped off the face of the earth for the past... what, month? X)
Post a Comment