CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ironic: 30 points

Scrabble is supposed to be a nerd's game. I mean, after all, it is just sitting around thinking of ways to rearrange letters so that you can show of your vocabulary. Despite this, I love scrabble, in part because I'm actually good at it. When I say I love scrabble sometimes people snicker or look at me weird and then say "that's so nerdy!" in a loving way.
Now, scrabble has become popular under the name "words with friends" which is available through the ipod touch or something. Someone was busted in class for using an ipod to play "words with friends" when they were supposed to be listening, and one of my friends who claims s/he does not like to think was using it last night.
What is really ironic is that when scrabble finally becomes something everyone likes to do I can't do it, because I don't have an ipod touch. (note, I don't want one, I'm just commenting on the irony of it).
For those of you who play, xu, xe, za, xi, and qi are all words I like to use.

4 comments:

JJ said...

But Scrabble isn't about showing off your vocabulary! It's about finding the right word for the right spaces from a random selection of letters. And it's about being good at anagrams, too. It's actually quite a clever game if you play it well.

Helen and I used to play it a lot, but not to compete with each other. Our aim was to beat our previous highest total score. We didn't mind who won.

Maria Sondule said...

Well yes, but having a good vocabulary makes it a lot easier to win, and to gloat as well.
My grandparents sort of do that too. They keep records of all their games during the year on a spreadsheet and calculate what the score to beat is. However, whoever has the most points at the end of the year gets a cake, so it is competitive for them.

Vizarya said...

Scrabble looks like a fun game. But I'm a deprived child and don't really get to play much of any games be they cards, board, etc. :P Interesting valid words though.

Vizarya said...

Scrabble looks like a fun game. But I'm a deprived child and don't really get to play much of any games be they cards, board, etc. :P Interesting valid words though.