I opened the door for Spring
bent in a curtsy as her
willowy frame tiptoed inside.
I laughed when she pretended to
steal mischievously through the house-
as if life wasn't beguiling her to
creep through its tendrils, petals, and
blue fingernails.
Then I noticed:
her footprints left piles of snow
all over my bleached carpet.



3 comments:
I thought of Spring! I really like your description of "tendrils, petals, and // blue fingernails." It's so odd a combination. I bet if your school has a LitMag, they'd love it.
Thanks! I have no idea if we do, but maybe I'll send it in.
By the way, this poem was inspired by the snow blizzard that wracked its way through our county after a day of 70 degree weather. I was very annoyed. Is that happening where you live as well?
It never hurts to look :) I didn't know it existed and really was quite a big deal for my school until I bothered sending stuff in. Sometimes, it's good to take the chance :D
OMG, yes! We're supposed to be getting snow, but after maybe a couple days of FANTASTIC weather... the degree counts have been plummeting >_< I was so ready for continuous warm weather, but now... *sigh*
*brightens* Maybe I'll get another chance to make a snowman though ^_^ That would be exciting.
Post a Comment