CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Affirmative

All this last week I spent hours upon hours preparing for the final debate tournament of the year. The prize for winning was a week trip to dallas in June with the rest of the qualifiers, who then spend that week debating in a national tournament. I wanted to win the trip so much that I would stay up until midnight researching Private military firms and revising my cases over and over again.

This weekend, the first day of the tournament I lost a round to a kid who used Peace as his value. Luckily, I stayed in to the next day, and ended up beating the same kid, who used Peace as his value for the opposing side as well. I was so excited because there was a 1 in three chance I would win the trip... and then I got beaten by a freshman. It was very disappointing, and if that weren't enough, I also found out I was rejected from University of Chicago. Even though I wasn't planning on going there, it means that I probably won't get into my other top choice schools, which are more elitist.
I'm keeping a positive outlook today, though. And that's a firm affirmative.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dallas is spelt with capital D. Nevertheless good luck. I am preparing to a presenation on state budget.

Anonymous said...

Dallas sucked as a city, it doesnt deserve to be capitalized! :P

Vizarya said...

*hugs* Just you wait; a better opportunity will waltz along and now you're free to take it.

Maria Sondule said...

I hope so. I think we're planning to go to Croatia during that time period anyway.

Vizarya said...

Woah! Croatia!! That's a bit farther away than Dallas :)